1 ShareNo Comments
Start your day off with this anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial drink that is sure to keep you on your toes! Great liver detox drink too. Easy to make and tangy to drink, this concoction will not only keep the flu away, it will improve your health! Increase your immunity, digestion, antioxidants and detox your liver, blood and gut at the same time.
JJ Flizanes is an Empowerment Strategist. She is the Director of Invisible Fitness, an Amazon best-selling author of Fit 2 Love: How to Get Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually Fit to Attract the Love of Your Life, and author of Knack Absolute Abs: Routines for a Fit and Firm Core. She was named Best Personal Trainer in Los Angeles for 2007 by Elite Traveler Magazine.
JJ vividly reminds us that the word ‘fitness’ is not just about the state of one’s physical body, but also the factors which determine a person’s overall well being.
And, for JJ, the key components in all these areas are ‘invisible’ — balanced support structures of nutrition, emotional centeredness and health. A favorite of journalists and the media for her depth of knowledge and vibrant personality, JJ, a contributing expert for Get Active Magazine, has also been featured in many national magazines, including Shape, Fitness, Muscle and Fitness HERS, Elegant Bride, and Women’s Health as well as appeared on NBC, CBS, Fox 11 and KTLA. She is also a video expert for About.com and regular contributor for The Daily Love.
JJ launched her professional career in 1996 as the Foundations Director for the New York Sports Club, where she designed curriculum and in-house certification for new and previously uncertified fitness trainers. She has also been certified by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), International Sports Science Association (ISSA), and the Resistance Training Specialist Program (RTS).
With a focus on biomechanics, JJ has lectured for The Learning Annex and as a featured speaker for New York Times Bestselling Author of The Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Ecker’s Peak Potentials seminars, as well as corporate clients, including Pacific Gas and Electric, Hanson Engineering, and Jostens, Inc. She is the Wellness Expert for KFC International, the Health and Fitness Expert for the National Association of Entrepreneur Moms, and a Fitness Expert for Nourishing Wellness Medical Center.
- 1 clove garlic (can add more)
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 TBSP cold pressed olive oil
- 4 oz unpasteurized, fresh squeezed OJ
- 4-6 oz purified water
- Today’s show, a super, flu-fighting, liver detox drink. I discovered this drink when I did a liver detox from Dr. Schulze. I recommend Dr. Schulze and all his products, herbdoc.com. I think this drink is so powerful, again, as a flu fighter, high antioxidant. All of the things that are in this drink are great for your body and they’re going to be a little powerful and a little strong, so I know you’re going to be in shock when you see the ingredients.
- The first thing we’re going to use is a clove of garlic. When you do the liver detox you actually add one clove of garlic per day you’re on the detox. It’s pretty hardcore, but for right now, let’s just start out with one clove of garlic. Garlic is nature’s miracle for all things when it comes to antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral. You want to kill something, eat garlic. Use garlic. We’re going to start by using just one big clove. You’re going to press down on it with a knife just to break it open before you then peel it. So we’re going to put our clove of garlic into our plastic container.
- Next we’re going to use ginger. Ginger is great for digestion. It’s also a great anti-inflammatory spice. We’re going to use about an inch and a half. I love ginger, so you can add more ginger if you love ginger and then you’re going to make sure to peel it before we use it. I’m going to add my peeled ginger with my clove of garlic to my glass.
- Next, we’re going to use one tablespoon of cold-pressed, organic olive oil.
- Next, we’re going to use four ounces of unpasteurized, fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Lastly, we’re going to add four to six ounces of purified water.
- Tighten the lid. After you blend it well, I’m actually going to use a strainer because in case there are extra chunks, that can be determined. You don’t want to have chunks of garlic in your teeth. It’s going to make for bad breath or pungent breath, anyway.
- I’m going to go ahead and use a strainer to get rid of all the stringy ginger and any of the garlic that didn’t get blended well into my drink. Then I have what will, in essence, kill any flu or germs that you may have and it actually has a really cool, tangy taste. If you’re feeling a little bit under the weather, drink your garlic. Drink your ginger and enjoy not getting sick.