Do you want to love your protein shakes? Try this chocolate peanut butter smoothie and you will be sure to love it every time!
JJ Flizanes is an Empowerment Strategist. She is the Director of Invisible Fitness, an Amazon best-selling author of Fit 2 Love: How to Get Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually Fit to Attract the Love of Your Life, and author of Knack Absolute Abs: Routines for a Fit and Firm Core. She was named Best Personal Trainer in Los Angeles for 2007 by Elite Traveler Magazine.
JJ vividly reminds us that the word ‘fitness’ is not just about the state of one’s physical body, but also the factors which determine a person’s overall well being.
- Ice Cubes
- Almond Milk or Water
- Protein Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Organic Peanut Butter (fresh or powdered)
- Today’s show, a chocolate, peanut butter smoothie. Now, I really love to have people love their shake, so of course, the one complaint may be, “Why does it have to be so like a dessert? Why can’t it be healthier?” You can make it healthier, but I thought since so far in the show, the only thing I’ve done for you is a pumpkin pie shake, I thought let me do one more really fun shake for people that are not quite so sold yet on shakes because at least you’re going to get the good quality protein, the good quality fat, to keep up your energy and sustain you from breakfast until lunch.
- First, we’re going to make sure to put a little bit of water on the milk or ice cubes at the bottom of the glass or plastic container so that way it doesn’t stick.
- We don’t want the powder to stick to it. I’m going to go ahead and put it five ice cubes. We’re going to use someone else’s almond milk today. I’m also going to use water just for calorie reasons. I like to have a little bit of almond milk or some kind of nut milk to make it creamy, just to make sure that I really, really love the consistency of it. I’m going to put in, since this is for multiple people, we are going to use three scoops of a protein powder.
- I believe each scoop has 16 grams of protein in it and it is a complete protein, which means it has all its amino acids that you need. Okay, so that takes care of the protein part. Now for the sweetness, because this isn’t sweet, I’m going to add a banana.
- Actually, this is a banana from the farm. I get delivered Farm Fresh to You. Here’s a shout out to Farm Fresh to You. It’s a local farm that delivers their fresh fruit and produce whenever you want it and I get it every two weeks.
- Next, because this is not chocolate, it’s natural, I’m going to add cocoa powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and I’m going to put in a nice heaping, let’s say, three or four. As I blend this, the ice cubes are going to create some more space so I’m actually going to probably taste it and put a little bit more in as well. Now, next, for the peanut butter, there’s a great brand. This is just great stuff.
- It’s organic, powdered peanut butter. It’s a little less calories. Actually, it’s a lot less calories and it’s really easy and simple to use. There’s just the regular peanut butter flavor or the chocolate peanut butter flavor.
- Since I’m going to make a chocolate peanut butter shake today I’m going to use the chocolate peanut butter. It’s organic and non-GMO. It makes it really simple and fast and easy and not gooey, although I do like gooey. We will be using some peanut butter in the near future, organic peanut butter. Okay, good because this doesn’t have any sweetness to it I’m going to add some stevia. I’m adding Sweetleaf Sweet Drops and it’s vanilla crème flavor.
- I’m going to add – there you go and then we’ll taste it and see how we do. Once you’re done blending your shake, I want to make a note that if you have the chocolate version of the raw Sunwarrior protein powder, I think it’s really good, but I like it a little more chocolate, so you can still add the cocoa powder to the chocolate if you like it really chocolatey. Again, taste. Add as much chocolate or peanut butter as you like. If you already have the vanilla or chocolate protein powder, it already has Stevia in it. If you’d like to make it a little sweeter, of course, add a little bit more and make sure to enjoy your chocolate, peanut butter shake.